CIEE's Internship USA program is designed for international students and recent graduates who want to go to the USA to acquire professional work experience associated with their major field of study. Participants on this training program have the opportunity to develop professional skills and learn US business practices while being immersed in American life and culture.
In today�s global and competitive business environment, the time spent working in the US will prove an invaluable asset to their professional competence and future working lives.
Students taking part in Internship USA may work in the US for up to 18 months and the internship can start at any time of the year. CIEE is authorized by the US State Department to act as a legal sponsor for qualified participants selected for Internship USA.
CIEE has a special website dedicated to the Internship USA program. This site includes advice on finding an internship, information on living in the US and much more - click here to find out more.
In order to be eligible for the program, participants must be:
- at least 18 years of age.
- currently a full-time student at a university or other recognized institution of post-secondary education (your training in the USA can begin within 6 months of completing your studies)
- confirmed on a full-time internship in a field relating to their studies/qualification.
- able to support themselves with a minimum of $750 per month from salary, personal savings or a guarantor (parent, bank, etc) for the duration of their stay in the US.
In addition, all participants must receive a pre-departure orientation, arranged by the local partner office.
What is included?
As a US State Department designated legal sponsor for the Internship USA, CIEE will provide:
- a comprehensive and regularly updated web site www.ciee.org providing information on jobs and living in the US.
- 24 hour emergency support from CIEE
- comprehensive health and accident insurance in accordance with US Government requirements.
- the DS-2019 certificate of eligibility to undertake training in the US required for the J-1 visa.
- a participant handbook.
- CIEE online i-cafe for participants to keep in touch with other interns.
How can I find out more and apply for the Programme?
If you would like to know more about the programme or find out how to apply, please contact us.